(+64) 7 838 4466 ext 7728
|Postgraduate Cert in Counselling Supervision||University of Waikato|
|Graduate Diploma in Arts||Massey University|
|Master of Counselling||University of Waikato|
|Teachers Diploma||Trinity College of Music|
|Bachelor of Theology||University of Otago|
Teaching in Counsellor Education:
Professional Background: I was previously employed as a School Guidance Counsellor, therapist with CYF, family counsellor with Parentline, and contracted practitioner with offenders in both prison and community contexts. I maintain a small supervision practice.
- Perspectives on Counselling (HDCO340 A Semester)
- Postgraduate papers in counsellor education within the Master of Counselling (HDCO540 Working with groups) and Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling (Family Counselling); and Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling (Supervision).
PhD Research in Process: I was confirmed as a PhD candidate in March 2011. My research focuses on the contested area of children's sexuality, exploring social constructions of children's sexuality in NZ, analysing discursive contexts that shape how children's words and actions are understood by parents, teachers and counsellors. I hope to complete this project in 2016.
Research & Publications: Read more >> to view publications and presentations on:
- professional supervision,
- counsellor responses to questions about child sexuality in family and school contexts.
- professional and research ethics.
- Member, New Zealand Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Member, Australia New Zealand Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abuse (ANZATSA)
- 2008-2015 Member for Faculty of Education on the University of Waikato Human Research Ethics Committee
- 2012-2015 Member of NZAC National Supervision Committee
- Director and Member, New Zealand Ethics Committee (NZEC)