Graduate Diploma Teaching (Primary)
The Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Primary) is a one-year programme for people who already have a bachelors degree and who want to become a primary, middle or intermediate school or kura kaupapa teacher.
Hamilton Online Supported
Semester A (starting January)
Bachelors degree or recognised equivalent If English is not your first language provide proof of your English language competency (IELTS test 7.0 score in all bands)
Apply early between August and November for Semester A intake. Complete the teacher education application and selection process Supply an academic transcript of previous degree study
The GradDipT (Primary) is specialist one-year 120-point (700 level) programme. You will complete compulsory Professional Education papers and curriculum teaching papers. There will also be a total of 14 weeks of full-time practicum (in three blocks) which provides practical teaching experience in a school.
- TEPS761 Professional Practice and Inquiry 1: Teaching, Learning and the Inclusive Curriculum
- TEDE764 Professional Practice 1: Practicum (PG1)
- TEAL761 Education in the Arts
- TEPC761 Social Studies and Māori Education
- TEMS761 Science Education and Technology Education
- TEPS762 Professional Practice and Inquiry 2: From Theory to Practice in Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- TEDE765 Professional Practice 2: Practicum (PG1)